Sunday, July 08, 2012

Peda (Indian milk sweet) Quick version

Pedas.. A yummiest Indian sweet prepared during festival times. Pedas have always been my favorite sweet & I make sure I buy them when I visit the sweet shop in Chennai.

Today, I had invited my friends for dinner & decided to prepare something special for dinner dessert section. Suddenly I remembered pedas, but I wanted to prepare quick version pedas rather than the authentic one to save time. When I searched the Internet I came through plenty of recipes for quick version. Here I'm going to tell you my own combined recipe of pedas, of course it did taste like the authentic pedas.

Ingredients:

Milk powder - 2 cups
Butter - 110 gms
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 can
Paneer - crumbled 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Saffron - 1 pinch
Silvered sugar balls for decoration
Yellow food colour - 1/4 tsp (optional)

Method:

1. Melt butter in a microwave safe dish in microwave oven.
2. Mix the butter, fold in milk powder and condensed milk. Stir until all the ingredients are combined well.
3. Cook for one minute in microwave, take it out & stir well for more than a minute.
4. Repeat step-3 for 2 more times.
5. Now add cardamom powder, saffron & yellow food colour. Mix well again for 2 mins.
6. Again cook it in the microwave for 1 min.
7. Take it out, mix well and let it cool down to room temperature for about 15 - 20 mins.
8. Now take a spoonful of peda dough onto your greased palm & flatten it. Keep the shaped pedas in a greased plate.
Decorate & store it a cool dry place. If storing in refrigerator take the pedas out 30 mins before serving.

No comments: