Sunday, July 08, 2012

Apple - Carrot Milkshake

Thickshakes, milkshakes, smoothies, juices, what not?! These days we have so many varieties of drinks available at the juice bars across the city. Though it is always good to have the fruits and veggies in its raw form, at times these drinks make our life easy. When it comes to drinks, I try to make them at home most of the time. My kids love the drinks I make, time to time I try different combinations. Today I am going to share one of those drinks recipe - apple carrot milkshake, an immune boosting drink.




















Ingredients:

Apple - 2 cut into medium size pieces
Carrot - 1 small cut into medium size pieces
Condensed milk sweetened - 1 tbsp (optional)
Milk - 1 cup or depending upon preferred consistency.

Method:
1. Add apple, carrot & 1/4 cup milk in the blender.
2. Grind it into a thick paste, add milk little by little in between.
3. Check if there are still any lumps, if not add condensed milk & blend well.
4. Adjust milk according to preferred consistency.

Yummy milkshake is ready. Jump-in n enjoy with your kids.

You can replace condensed milk with sugar. But taste may be different.

Note:
I never add sugar in my smoothies/juices/milkshakes/thick shakes.
I will use either honey or golden syrup to sweeten the drink.


No comments: