Monday, November 25, 2013

Spicy Onion-Coriander Paratha

It's that time of the day!! I m talking about the dinner. After coming home from work I often cook dinner fresh. Today I was brainstorming for the dinner menu; my beloved friend with whom I was chatting about my dinner specification, she suggested a spicy roti; that's it!!! I came up with the idea of spicy onion paratha. And thats how I came up with the idea of making this easy, tasty & quick paratha. I said quick because I had my wonderful kitchen aid to help me make the soft dough while I was prepping for the paratha filling.

Ingredients:
For paratha dough:
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Water - as required

For filling:
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves - as desired (finely chopped)
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1/2 tsp

Method:
1. Make a soft paratha dough with the mentioned ingredients. Cover with a wet cloth or paper towel and keep it aside until you get the filling ready.
2. Take a pan and pour oil when it's warm.
3. Sauté finely chopped onion & salt for 2 minutes in medium flame/heat.
4. Reduce the heat/flame add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and cumin powder; mix well & sauté for 2 more minutes.
5. Remove the pan from heat & add coriander leaves; let it cool.
6. Take a golf ball size dough, divide into two portions roll them into circle.
7. Keep the onion filling on one roti, use the second roti to cover it; seal the edges tightly by gently pressing on the sides.
8. Cook in the roti griddle or pan with little oil/butter/ghee until you can see the brown spots.

Variation:-
1)Add finely chopped or grated garlic with the onion if u like garlicky flavor.
2)Add shredded cheddar/mozzarella cheese to attract kids.
3)Add finely chopped spinach & garlic to make it more healthy.


No comments: